Monday, April 16, 2012

Speaking at LTSS again

Dr. Shauna Hannan, homiletics professor at Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary has invited me to speak to one of her preaching classes as she did last year, and I am, once again, delighted. Dr. Hannan wrote the Foreword for Sunday by Sunday III which I deeply appreciate and consider perfect to the purpose. She also introduced the book at its debut last All Saints Day at Incarnation Lutheran, Columbia. Playing on the main character’s name, Rose, she declared that any pastor would love to have “a dozen Roses” in the congregation. Fun and gratifying!

The class is tomorrow and is made up of people preparing for public proclamation of God’s Word, people diverse in many ways and all committed to that goal, among other tasks of ministry. The topics/themes Dr. Hannan has asked me to address are Preaching and the Christian Year and Scripture and Preaching. ‘Tis a great joy and a deep honor for me to use my works of fiction in this way, a satisfying whole circle kind of experience, as the writing is always meant to glorify God and build up the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. My prayer is that our time together tomorrow will do that.

No comments: